Automatic Transfer Switches
Dual Power Redundancy for all your Single Corded IT Equipment
Automatic Transfer Switches
At a glance
Dual Power Redundancy
Most data centers require power source redundancy in order to ensure that critical network devices are always up and running. This is a simple challenge when working with newer devices that already include a secondary power inlet. But how can you provide power redundancy for legacy devices that don’t include a secondary power inlet?
Seamless Power Switching
The PTS will seamlessly switch from your primary power source to your back-up power source in the event that the primary power source fails or is unavailable. After switching to a secondary power source, the PTS can also switch power back to the primary input when power to the primary input is restored.
The PTS provides a simple, low cost way to add automatic power fallback capabilities and power redundancy to single power inlet network devices, without the expense of replacing existing single power devices, or the overwhelming hassle of completely revamping network back-up power configurations.
Network Management is greatly enhanced with our multi-function switches that combine power control/reboot and/or serial console access with Automatic Transfer Switching. Take full control of the equipment in your racks, whatever the networking issue.
In the data center, the PTS serves as a means to provide redundant power to any AC powered device that does not include a secondary power inlet. Two power inlets supply power to the PTS unit, allowing the PTS to automatically switch to a secondary, back-up power source in the event that the primary source fails.
The PTS will automatically switch power from the primary input to the secondary input when the power to the primary input is interrupted. After switching from the primary to secondary input, the PTS will constantly monitor the primary supply and as soon as power is restored will switch the connected devices back to the primary power supply.
Easy Installation; Simply install in the rack, connect the power cables and you’re ready to go. No unit configuration is necessary.
The "Input Power" LEDs on the PTS front panel will light to indicate which power input is active. If the "Primary" LED is lit, this indicates that the Primary Power source is active; if the "Secondary" LED is lit, this indicates that the Secondary power source is active.
Get more from your Automatic Transfer Switch by combining it with Switched Power Control with Reboot and/or Serial Console Management. Preserve valuable rack space and simplify rack management with one tool for all these functions.
PTS Automatic Transfer Switch
Automatic Transfer Switching
- 4, 8 or 12 IEC C13 Outlets
- Continuous Source Monitoring
- Seamless Automatic Power Switching
- Robust Out-of-Phase Switching Capability
- Typical Switching Time: 8 - 12 ms (16ms max. @ 60Hz)
- LED Indicators show Active Power Source
- 19” Rackmountable
- Easy Installation, No Configuration Required
- Operating Temp: 0° to 60° C (32 to 140° F)
- Humidity: 10% to 90% RH
- Two IEC C20 Inlets (All Other Models)
- Max Load per Unit, 16 Amps
(4) IEC C19 Outlets (PTS-4MM20-2R)
(8) IEC C13 Outlets, Plus (1) IEC C19 Outlets
(12) IEC C13 Outlets, Plus (2) IEC C19 Outlets
- Dimensions: (Horizontal Models): 48.3cm x 22.1cm x 4.4cm (WxDxH) (Vertical Models): 4.5cm x 10.16cm x78.74cm
- Shipping Weight: 2.73Kg
- Approvals: UL, cUL, CE, FCC Class A
- Warranty: 5 Year including free technical support
Why choose Sentinel?
- 5 Year warranty on all models at no extra cost
- Free technical support for the lifetime of the product
- Next day delivery on all models
- Designed, Engineered & Manufactured In House
- Proven, Reliable Technology - 100,000+ Installations Worldwide
- 24 Hour Burn-In Prior to Shipping
- Highest MTBF in the Industry
- Custom Firmware For Unique
You may also like?
Combine the functionality of an Automatic Transfer Switch with Serial Console Management and Switched PDU in one combined unit with our CPM Console and Power Manager.