Metered + Switched PDUs
Control, manage and monitor power to all your IT equipment
VMR Metered + Switched PDU
At a glance
The VMR allows you to perform a remote power reboot of any locked up device, wherever it is located in the world, without having to make a site visit to any of your remote locations. Return your network to operational status as soon as a problem is detected and maximise uptime. Scheduled on/off switching on the controller will also allow you to more efficiently manage your power consumption by powering off equipment when it is not required.
The VMR will measure amps, wattage, voltage and kilowatt-hours and log these measurements to its own non-volatile memory, alleviating the need for external storage of this data. By monitoring the power of all your attached equipment, you can better understand your power usage at each remote location. The VMR’s on-board Linux web server produces live, weekly, monthly and annual trending graphs and/or power reports so that you know exactly how much power each individual device or rack is consuming over time giving you comprehensive
power monitoring without additional software costs.
The comprehensive activity logs on the VMR create a record of all your power switching, monitoring and reboot activity, allowing you to manage all your power activity to identify issues before they impact on your service provision. By continuously monitoring power, conditions that are deteriorating will be highlighted, helping you increase network availability before power issues become crtitical and cause unnecessary downtime.
Full Power Redundancy
The VMR has dual power inputs so that you can easily protect the redundant dual power supply architecture found in higher end networking equipment. A dual power supply device is supported across the dual power bus architecture of the VMR, negating the need for a second outlet metered PDU which is normally required to preserve redundancy.
Features & Benefits
The dual power inputs on the VMR protect the redundant power supply architecture of your larger dual power supply servers, routers, switches or other networking elements. A dual power supply device supported across the dual bus architecture of the VMR, maintains the full power redundancy of the device without having to install two separate PDUs.
Remotely reboot any locked up device and minimise network downtime meaning that there is no need for costly and time consuming engineering support calls to remote offices.
Monitor power to all your IT devices and produce live, weekly, monthly and annual trending graphs, without any additional software, giving you unprecedented insight into how much power your individual rack or branch office is consuming.
In addition to performing on-demand reboots and power switching, the VMR also includes an assortment of administrator-defined alarm features, which can be used to automatically reboot or switch outlets when high rack temperatures, open circuit breakers, power supply irregularities, unresponsive network elements and other important events and factors are detected. When any of these alarm functions are triggered, the NPS can also provide notification via email, SNMP trap or SYSLOG message. Each alarm includes a configuration menu that can be used to customize alarm triggers and response actions to fit the requirements of your specific application.
The VMR will constantly monitor your remote rack temperature level with its integral temperature sensor. If the temperature exceeds your pre-defined thresholds, you will be notified and the VMR can, if necessary, turn on external fans or air-conditioning to help bring rack temperature back to normal levels.
VMR-8 Outlet Metered Switched PDU
- Unique Dual Power Input Feeds
- Resettable Circuit Breaker Protection
- Power Support from 16 amps to 32 amps total load per unit
Remote Power Control
- Individual Outlet Switching
- On/Off/Reboot/Default/Load Shedding
- Outlet Sequencing & Power Up Delay
- Scheduled On/Off/Reboot Switching
- Device Watchdog Monitoring with Auto Reboot
Power Monitoring & Reporting
- Measure & Graph Power Consumption
- Meter & Report Amps, Wattage, Voltage and
- Graph Power Metrics live, weekly, monthly or yearly
- True RMS Current Metering
- Outlet, Multi-Outlet and Total Device Metering
- No additional Software Licences required. Power Data available via XML, CSV or ASCII
- Cisco Energywise TM Compliant
- SSHv2 Encryption
- Remote Authentication:LDAP/Kerberos/RADIUS/TACACS+
- HTTPS/SSL Secure Web
- IP Address Filtering & Multi-Level Subscriber Directory
- Port Specific Password Protection
- Temperature Monitoring, Logging and Alarming with Integral Sensor
- Alarming on Current or Rack temperature exceeded, Lost Communication, Failed Ping Command, Invalid Access Lock-out, Power Cycling, Lost Voltage and Buffer Threshold
- Audit Log of all user access, login/out times and
- Compatible with SNMP-based Enterprise Management Utilities
- Includes WMU Enterprise Management Software
- CLI plus Web-Based GUI
- SNMP Control, Monitoring and Configuration with Full MIB Support (Supports SNMP Versions 1, 2C and 3)
- Multiple Concurrent SSH Sessions
- SSL Web Browser
- AC Inputs: Single or Dual 16 Amp Input Feeds
- AC Outlets: (8) or (16) 10 Amp IEC C13 Outlets
- Operating Temp: 0° to 50° C (32 to 122° F)
- Humidity: 10% to 90% RH
- Dimensions (VMR 8 Models): 48.3cm x 22.1cm x 4.4cm (WxDxH)
(VMR 16 Models): 48.3cm x 22.1cm x 8.9cm
- Shipping Weight: 3.6Kg (VMR 8 Models)
6.36 Kg (VMR 16 Models)
- Approvals: UL, cUL, CE, FCC Class A
- Warranty: 5 Year including free technical support
Why choose Sentinel?
- 5 Year warranty on all models at no extra cost
- Free technical support for the lifetime of the product
- Next day delivery on all models
- Designed, Engineered & Manufactured In House
- Proven, Reliable Technology - 100,000+ Installations Worldwide
- 24 Hour Burn-In Prior to Shipping
- Highest MTBF in the Industry
- Custom Firmware For Unique
You may also like?
If you need comprehensive power management for high amp, enterprise class networking equipment, you may like our High Amp Power Controllers.